Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Samsung DV220aew turns on but will not spin. Drive belt is

Customer Question

Samsung DV220aew turns on but will not spin. Drive belt is okay. Is the capacitor on the circuit board
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model? Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Unit is 5 years old and I have partially dismantled it troubleshooting, model Dv220aew
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Unit will run if I give the drum a push to help it start rotating. Drive belt is no slipping.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 21 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When you go to try and start the unit do you hear the motor hum? You can also remove the belt and see if the motor turns freely and if it does not it will need to be replaced.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Samsung-Dryer-Drive-Motor/DC3100055D/1660606?modelNumber=DV220AEW&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a8b160d1067151

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Motor hums and drum will turn normlly if you give it an assist by pushing the drum to start clockwiserotation.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 21 days ago.

it sounds like since you have to give the drum an assist the motor may be weak so you will need to check the motor out itself.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open. Are you needing further assistance?