Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I'm missing a freezer door magnet and now I can't get ice or

Customer Question

I'm missing a freezer door magnet and now I can't get ice or water.
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: The fridge was moved in to a new house from and old one and the doors were taken off so I guess the magnet was lost in the move Model RS261MDBP
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just need the magnet
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 27 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 27 days ago.

There actually is no magnet on these doors, they use a push button switch. Open the left door and look at the top left hinge. There is a black plunger plastic push button on this hinge. That is your door switch and the door pushes it when it closes. You may have to re-align the door or possibly you need to remove the cover and make sure they plugged it in properly. Otherwise the switch may need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?