Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My maytag Atlantis dryer begins to heat when first started

Customer Question

My maytag Atlantis dryer begins to heat when first started then sometime the heat turns off and the load never gets dry.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

This is actually a very common issue but one that is easily resolved. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

In the diagram at the link below, numbers 7 & 8 are the solenoids on the valve that are weak and will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below will show you how to get access to them.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I checked the solenoids and they were ok.
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
What else should I check. I started the dryer, watched the ignitor glow, the gas valve opened and had a flame. I let it run a couple minutes, turned it off then tried starting it again with no success. The ignitor didn't even glow.
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

How long did you allow it to run?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I let it run for a couple minutes at the most.
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

The heat will cycle on and off, allow it to run for a bit to see what happens. You cannot run it without the front panel on, though, the air flow will not be as it should and it will not cycle as it is designed.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I did run it without the front panel on, so I will put it back on and see what happens
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

Okay, keep me posted.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
It heats up when I first turn it on, goes through 1 heat cycle, then never heats up again. That's what it has been doing with a load of clothes, but even without clothes it's doing it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

You need to replace those gas coils...trust me on this... ;-)

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Will do. I appreciate your help!
Expert:  Kelly replied 28 days ago.

You are very welcome, thank you!