Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Well this is gonna sound dumb but when my washer spins out

Customer Question

well this is gonna sound dumb but when my washer spins out it makes a loud squealing noise and I can't get the agitator part to turn at all
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: i don't know where to find the make/model # and I live in a rental but it shoukd be about 7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i was hoping to yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i personally think there us something stuck under the aggitator
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Can I get the full model number to better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just below the lid down by the hinges or or on the back of the control panel on a sticker.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Looking for model#
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Not for another $24. I already paid $5
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

I'm not sure what you mean? I just asked for the model number. This question is $28 however, not $5. If you just wanted to pay $5 then let me know I'll opt out

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Pavt344aww model
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 26 days ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

give me a minute to look this models information up.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hold up here. I had to pay $5 to ask the?. Now how much more is asking and getting an answer going to cost

ok so if the unit is making a squealing noise in the spin mode and you can not get the agitator to move at all either by hand or by the operation of the washer then you have a transmission issue.

which means the entire transmission would need to be replaced ,but with the age of the unit and the price of the part and the special tools needed I would not recommend that you repair the unit due to the cost of the parts even if you were to do the repair yourself .

The part alone is just under $300.

but if you would like the parts information just let me know.

sorry I did not see your last post until now if you signed up for the $5 question the cost is $5

if you have any questions just reply back to me.

I can give you part number of the part and even a parts break down of the unit .

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
But now I have apparently been billed anther $28; this is sounding like a scam. Please refund my $

I as an expert never see your personal billing information ,for any questions concerning billing you will need to contact Just Answer directly.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.