Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

While I was dispensing Ice from my electrolux fridge it shut

Customer Question

While I was dispensing Ice from my electrolux fridge it shut down and it is not the breaker. is there a reset?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 06/11 model #E123BC56IS8
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is simple thats what I am trying to figure out
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No it just shut off
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

So unfortunately there are no fuses or cut outs on the refrigerator. If the unit is completely dead, it means that your control board has just failed and would need to be replaced. This board is mounted below the refrigerator and if you remove the kick vent panel below the doors you can access the plastic box below the refrigerator with 1 screw going up just in front of the box. Remove this screw and the box pulls forward so you can access the board for replacement. The board is part number###-##-####and it costs about $130 or so I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?