Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a 5 year old Maytag Bravos MVWB750W0Q top load

Customer Question

I have a 5 year old Maytag Bravos MVWB750W0Q top load laundry machine. Last night during a normal cycle, we received an "LD" error code. I know what this means and I went ahead, opened the machine, removed the tub and removed any and all clog, which there were none. I then went ahead and removed the lower pump, cleared those hoses and created new connections to the motor just in case the wires had frayed.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 years old. Maytag Bravos MVWB750W0Q
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I am fully capable. I believe the issue at this point is with the drain pump or the control board. Wanted your opinion
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No. I think I've been pretty clear. Looking for Maytag's opinion on the matter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

If you cleared the pump and hose and you get an LD error still, either your pump is bad or your main control board is bad. All you need to do to determine which one is bad is start a cycle and wait for it to go to drain. If the water does NOT drain and you get an LD error, you have a bad drain pump that needs to be replaced. If the washer does drain but you get an LD error anyways, then you have a bad control board giving out a false error because it's not reading the water level properly.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Exactly what I was thinking. Are there sites you recommend for those specific parts?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

So in general, I recommend Repairclinic.com because they allow returns on parts if needed unlike most places. But for best price usually Amazon will have the best prices. The part number for the board is WPW10253697 and the pump is W10536347.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Tyler. Really appreciate the quick responses.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

No problem and sorry about the bad news but good luck to you!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?