Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I purchased a micro wave oven on 10/20/16. Model # NNSU6865,

Customer Question

I purchased a micro wave oven on 10/20/16. Model # NNSU6865, Serial #*********** The light does not come on when the door is opened. It only comes on when the microwave is in use. Is this standard, or is it a problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So first, this is not normal, that is definitely a problem. There are 3 door switches to ensure that the door is closed (for safety reasons). One of those switches isn't actuating properly and it's stuck in the closed position all the time. That will allow the microwave to run, but it stops the light from coming on when you open the door. Unfortunately that means the faulty door switch would need to be replaced. The unit is rather new so if you can I'd just return it and get a new one. If you don't have the option of returning it, you can bring the unit into a Panasonic service center near you and they would fix the issue at no charge since it's still under warranty.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.