Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a new Miele dishwasher. Has door that automatically

Customer Question

I have a new Miele dishwasher. Has door that automatically opens to dry dishes. When I set it to wash after a few minutes F78 appears on readout. and machine does not wash dishes. What does F78 mean?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Miele Futura Diamond G5970 or 5975
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: A little over a year old. At winter home so only used a few months last season.. Worked great when left except faulty door lock would appear sometimes but could get it to go away and work. What does F78 mean?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What does fault code F78 mean?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

A fault has occurred in the circulation pump.

Switch the dishwasher off for at least 30 seconds

Switch the dishwasher back on.

Select the program you want.

Press the Start button

If that continues then the dishwasher may have a seized motor impeller. You can try this to unjam it as well.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.