John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Maytag Model MGR6751BDB Double gas oven and the

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Model MGR6751BDB Double gas oven and the lower oven you turn it on set temp say 350 and it goes right to 100 degree preheat and no heat?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: off the model plate is Model# ***** Serial # 10777005LA just bought house and has all maytag and refrig doesn't work stove dishwasher High quality my guess is 10 years they are black all of them so guessing the black fad went out ten to fifteen years ago would have to guess that
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: or buying need a place to start didn't want to replace untill I figured what upgrades I need but I like to eat
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how to fix it or point me in the right direction??? are you computer or person?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Eng-tech replied 27 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your Maytag Oven. Please give me a moment to review your model.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 27 days ago.

It sounds like you have a bad oven ignitor. It is the most likely cause of the issue.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 27 days ago.

The cost of the part is about $70.

Expert:  Eng-tech replied 27 days ago.

Here is a link to the part:

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Igniter/WP7432P14360/1373177