Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We hve a 12 yr old superba single, finished the self clean

Customer Question

we hve a 12 yr old superba single, finished the self clean and now the oven reverts to lo every time we try to bake and no heat in oven even after we leave it on lo for 10+ min.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Kitchen Aid Model YKEBC177 -K80 APPROX 12 YR OLD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it is simple.yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it was working fine before self clean cycle.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

Unfortunately your thermal fuse on the back of the oven blew during self clean. Self clean gets very hot and unfortunately it can cause the thermal fuse on the back of the oven to trip which cuts out the heat. The entire oven would need to be pulled out and the back sheet metal panel will need to be removed to access the part so depending on how handy you are you may need a technician. Either way, below is a link to the part you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for high limit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.