Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I had a technician replace the main control board on my

Customer Question

Hi - I had a technician replace the main control board on my SubZero refrigerator that had been fried during an electrical storm. He reset everything. That was three hours ago. The freezer seems to be getting cold but nothing is happening with the refrig. When he rest it, numbers appeared on the display. Now there are none. Help!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sub-Zero is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 5 - 8 years old. I will go and check the model no. Where is it located?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No - I just paid $577 to make it work. Unless it would be simple like unplugging it and restart it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I guess not.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 22 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Yes shut power off to the unit at the circuit breaker for a full minute and power it back up. It should reset everything.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I thought I am trying a free service. What is the $24 for?

Yes I am still here, the service is not free $24 is if you want a phone call

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Please cancel this and refund my $5 to my Visa account.