Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I am getting an error code e2 f9 and there's about a bucket

Customer Question

I am getting an error code e2 f9 and there's about a bucket full of water left in the washing machine
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: it is 4 years old. It's a whirlpool duet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if it's easy yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That is a long drain error, you need to check the pump filter on the unit. If that is all clear then you will likely need to replace the drain pump on the machine. Here is a video to help you with this.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.