Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I think the problem is in the programming in my miele g841

Customer Question

I think the problem is in the programming in my miele g841 plus diswasher. It seems that the cycles are off. It does not drain at the end. At the end of a cycle, I have to turn the knob to stop, back to economy then push start. At soon as I push start, the water drains out and then, once the water is drained, I have to turn it off otherwise cycles just keep going.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 10 years. G 841 plus
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'm trying. Everything works. I think the problem is with the programming.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, I don't think so. I know that the diswasher should last around 20 years. You know, I will probably do it tomorrow. I will have to go to work soon. How can I get back to you tomorrow? Without having to go over everything again?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

Programming Mode

1. To access the programming mode, close the door and turn the program selector switch to Stop. Turn the dishwasher off.

2. Press and hold the Top solo button while turning the dishwasher on. Release the Top solo button within 2 seconds. A blinking Salt light indicates successful accessing of the programming mode.

3. Turn the program selector switch to the position indicated in Table 6-14 to modify the corresponding function.

4. Use the Top solo button to toggle the functions on or off.

5. After selecting options, turn the program selector switch to Stop and turn the dishwasher off.

Selector switch position (o’clock) Function Options Status of Start light 1 to 8 Water hardness See Section 6.8.3.1.1 Light 1 to 8 on1 9 Extended drying (14 minutes) On2 Off Off On 11 Water intake time 70 seconds2 100 seconds Off = 70 sec On = 100 sec Table 6-14: G 811, G 851, G 851 Plus, G 856, G 856 Plus Programming Functions

1 If no lights light up, the dishwasher is programmed for “without water softener”. To change to “with water softener”, follow the steps in Service Mode 2 (Section 6.8.3.3).

2 Factory setting

If this is what you were looking for please do rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
When you say "indicated in Table 6-14," what table do I suppose to look at.? And when you refer to the "Top solo button," are you talking about the start button?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

The table was the selector switch information I took the info for your from the manual and put it on here.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

Solo is the start button yes.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Guy,
Thanks for your response. When I tried to access the programming mode, instead of getting the salt alight flashing I get the red light of the intake/drain on. What do I do to turn the red light off and then access the programming mode? Do you rather for me to call you? I know it would cost me $24 more but I want to fix this. If we talk on the phone, how does it work? Do we set a time? I'm at home right now.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

My apologies I am just now coming on for the evening I am not available for a phone call at the moment but let me look into why you would receive this and I will be back with you.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 3 months ago.

I think this would be so much easier just to send you the service manual instead of trying to walk you through trouble shooting when these things happen. Plus you can keep the manual and have it whenever you need it.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the service manual. Let me know when we can talk on the phone.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
What happened? Have not heard from anybody. Right now I asked for a phone call but never got a call. Right now, whenever I want to go in programming the intake/drain red light goes on and I can't do anything. How can I make the lift go off?