Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My gerofile oven buttons no longer work. I went to set the

Customer Question

My gerofile oven buttons no longer work. I went to set the clock and pushed the button to do do and nothing happened. The only button on the panel that works is the clear/off. The clock still works and the light comes on when the door is opened, but I can't turn it on. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 29 days ago.

Try flipping the circuit breaker off to the oven for 5 minutes to reset the electronics. If that doesn't work and none of the buttons will respond except clear, your touch control panel has failed and will need to be replaced. If the control panel was locked, none of the buttons would work and the display would say LOC on it so the only possibilities are that the electronics need to be reset by resetting power, or the touchpad has failed and just needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 28 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?