Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

The door on the GE Profile Microwave PEB 2060 SM1SS that we

Customer Question

The door on the GE Profile Microwave PEB 2060 SM1SS that we purchased 6 yr ago is becoming increasing difficult to open. It often does not unlatch properly when one pushed the OPEN button. Is there a quick fix?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2060 SM1SS is the model number and it was manufactured in Dec., 2009
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what you think is wrong with it and how difficult it is to fix.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That should do it. Just that the door seems to be "catching" on something and it becoming more and more difficult to open. Other than this, we have been very happy with the unit.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 22 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

There is not a quick fix for that you will need an interior latch piece that gets worn out. Typically you need to remove the outer shroud on the unit and replace part #2006 at this link

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.