John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a GE front load washer that turned off completely and

Customer Question

Hi I have a GE front load washer that turned off completely and now w won't unlock nor will the display light up and I've checked all of the breakers and unplugged it numerous times. I'm not sure what to do.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's only 6 months old and I'm not sure of the model number. Friend bought it and he's looking up the model number tonight
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No I'll probably take it to an appliance place but I need to get the water out of it and the clothes also
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 27 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. It sounds like the problem may be with your control board since the display is not working. Try unplugging it for 5 minutes and see if power will come back to it.