Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a refrigerator that will not power up after a power

Customer Question

I have a refrigerator that will not power up after a power failure. I replaced the main controller board, but still no power. The refrigerator is an LG (Kenmore Elite) with a model number of(###) ###-#### Everything points to a fuse, but I can't find any that are blown. The only fuse on the board is a 2A fuse which seems small. Other people have a board with two fuses (9A and 2A) but I cannot located the other fuse on the board on this model. Any idea where the hidden fuse may be?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased in 2007, LG model 795.77549600. Sold as a Kenmore Elite.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, I just need to know where the other fuse is located.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 7 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Do you see the glass bus style fuse on the board?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is one 2A fuse on the board which does not appear to be blown. I have not checked for continuity, but I just installed a new board and there is still no power. I was an electronic technician in the Air Force and I am comfortable working on electronics.

Jump across the fuse often they appear to be good but are bad since it burns out at the end where you can not see.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.