Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

Washer model is L A T 9634AAE, Serial # is A0105800

Customer Question

washer model is L A T 9634AAE, Serial # is A0105800 KH,Washer will fill up, but won't turn wash cycle on, problem seems to be the lid switch
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: That was included in my message. I think it is about 20 or 22 years old. It could be as old as 24 years. We bought several appliances in July 1994
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, my husband can do it if he knows the problem and what part it needs. We have been having problems with the switch loflong time, and have to manually push it in. Yesterday a throw rug got off balance, but he took it out of the machine, put in a new load, but wash cycle wouldn't start, even manually. It is rusted around and behind the switch.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What the problem is, the part needed, and if that replacement part should solves the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 3 months ago.

You are right about the lid switch. Does your husband have a multimeter?

Please dont forget to use the star rating link to rate me a 5 before you leave, Thanks!