Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Grand Turbo by BBQs Galore. It won't light. I'm

Customer Question

I have a Grand Turbo by BBQs Galore. It won't light. I'm using a portable butane lighter to ignite it. The built in spark starter stopped working years ago. The BBQ is over 10 years old and sits exposed on a deck. It his worked reasonably well until a few months ago. It has a full propane tank. I see no evidence gas is flowing when I turn it on. I suspect the regulator/gas line that connects to the tank. Any way to prove that's the problem before I order a new line? Thanks
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: A couple of months. The BBQ won't light at all. It's useless
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've told you all I can think of
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 24 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Disconnect the line from the other side of the regulator and turn it on. If you have no gas flow likely a bad regulator. Note I would shut the gas off to the tank disconnect the line from the tank and then reconnect it again and turn the gas back on and see if it changes anything as well. If not I would check the gas out the otherside of the regulator. Then likely replace the regulator.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.