Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ger and its leaking water from the top of the freezer, i

Customer Question

ger and its leaking water from the top of the freezer
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: i have a ge monogram refri model zisw48dyb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes only because i can not find anyone who will work on it or know how to work on it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i know it not the ice maker the water it dripping from the top of the frezer
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Is the water leaking down the sides mostly or where?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
From the top on the left side and towards the front top
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Thank you. That has been a known issue on these and an updated kit has been designed for them. You MUST install all components in the kit exactly how the instructions show. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

The kit consists of a new style drain pan/heater assembly and drain kit. It also has insulating panels to be installed above the evaporator coil. The kit will have everything you need, including very precise instructions that must be followed to the letter. The kit your model takes is available below.

CLICK HERE

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This would be better served if it had a manual of where this is in the freeze? As of right now you showing me parts for your quess is not really helping
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

It is the assembly above the ceiling in the freezer. Everything above 7547 and below 13 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

However, looking at that diagram is not of much help because it is all different design with that new kit.

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

And I am not guessing, this is a known issue and the only way you are going to get water leaking down from the ceiling. You don't seem to be too receptive to my assistance so I shall wish you luck and see if another would like to help.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

I am a different tech do you want more help?