Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

The soap on my Bosh dishwasher dispenses, but it gets stuck

Customer Question

The soap on my Bosh dishwasher dispenses, but it gets stuck on the dishwasher rack right in front of the dispenser and doesn't dissolve.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Bosh Super Silence 42dBA I have not run a diagnostic test. Don't know how.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends if it is easy
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: When I open the dishwasher after the cycle is run, the soap is sitting on the front of the middle rack and barely wet. None has been used to wash the dishes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

If the detergent is just dropping out and not dissolving, it means that water isn't spraying properly and that could be for a number of reasons so I'll go through them 1 by 1.

1. You'll want to run a cycle with no dishes at all and see if the same thing happens. Plates and bowls can block water getting to the dispenser and that can cause the detergent to not get flushed around properly. If the issue still occurs with no dishes inside, then you have a problem.

2. Start a cycle and wait 5 minutes. Open the door and see the water level. The water level should cover the floor from side to side in a thin layer. If the entire floor isn't covered with water, then you're not getting enough water to spray properly. You will need to verify your water pressure is good from your house and if so then replace the electronic water valve under the dishwasher.

3. If the water level checks good---clean the holes on all the wash arms using a tooth pick.

4. If you still have problems then your circulation pump is just going bad and not pushing the kind of pressure needed so the entire circulation pump would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 30 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?