John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a whirlpool washer number 8580423. When I start it,

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool washer number(###) ###-#### When I start it, it has filled with water in the wash cycle, then it does a few turns, and then the start light flashes. Nothing more happens.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I don't know how old it is. It's a small one in my condo. The number I have on my owners manual is(###) ###-####
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe. Depends on what is involved.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I started the wash as usual except I did include a heavy bathrobe in the wash load. It seemed to have trouble turning and then stopped. After that I took everything out and tried to run it with no clothing in it. That's when I get the start light flashing.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

The number you have listed is not a model number. Can I get the full model located on a sticker below the lid down by the hinges? The model will start with letters and not numbers.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?