Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Our dishwasher is unresponsive, stopped working in the

Customer Question

Our dishwasher is unresponsive, stopped working in the middle of a cycle
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Kitchen aid
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: How do I do a diagnostic cycle
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't see the model numbers, where should I look?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 5 months ago.

Look inside the door for the model number.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That's the only number I see
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kud830/v884

Go to the display and press the "Heated Dry" button. Press the "Normal" button and then press the "Heated Dry" button. Press the "Normal" button again to reset the dishwasher.

Also recheck the last number you sent.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok mod is kuds30ivss4
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pressing buttons did not do anything
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cancel phone call
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need to go

If the reset didnt work this means the control board has failed and needs replaced. CLICK HERE to order part.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If your dishwasher is dead, the control is very unlikely to be faulty. There is a fuse that is quite common to open, see number 6 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

That fuse is mounted on the control (number 10), and can easily be tested by measuring continuity through it. If it is open, it is, of course, faulty. If you have no meter to test with, I would replace it. Make sure to replace all parts in the kit.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

The video at the link below shows how it is accessed and replaced!

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.