Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I didn't reciive any cash key or box key for model

Customer Question

I didn't reciive any cash key or box key for model CEM2743BQ0, serial #M53407449 type DDOT-ELE-2406026-CS56. How can I obtain a few of these keys
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: A couple of months the dryer was purchased from LOWES, kona, Hawaii, 96740. They offered a refund but I need the dryer for rentals. I include electric with my units and the coin meter deters waste.
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I included the
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: whirpool CEM2743BQ0 is model. If I can manage it I will do the work myself. Maybe 42-
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: 2-3 years old. It was floor model
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You have to bring the coin box and service door to a local locksmith to see what locks are used. They can make you the service door key but the coin box key will have to be ordered from the supplier for the lock on the coin box. There are a few Medeco, DUO and a couple others. Then you can get one ordered.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
U can't get any of that information from the serial number, or model #. I already went to the lock smith after I paid 65$ for a universal key that wouldn't work. And they said I couldn't help me. I'm in a rural area and the drive would take 3 hours one way. Is that the only solution u have.

Can you take a picture of the coin box and upload it here?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Did u get the pictures

That should be an ESD coin box, call this place to see if they can get you a key, worst case scenario buy a box with new keys from them....The service door key they can easily take care of

CLICK HERE