John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Our lg combo washer dryer does not dry, I'm not entirely

Customer Question

Our lg combo washer dryer does not dry
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I'm not entirely sure how old it is. I think a few years. We are renting the apt where the machine is.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: As for mode it's... ... i would have to look
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: WM3987HW It used to work only on the dry only setting if we did it by time not "normal dry" or "less dry" or "more dry." In other words, the dual had to be on normal, then dry only selected, then a time dry on. No options to change the Temperature for example. Then the laundry would come out hot and steamy but at least not too wet. We could air dry the rest of the way reasonably. Right now that is not working either. The laundry is coming out soaked, wetter than it was when the load started.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

You have a problem with the air flow inside. The air path is likely obstructed internally and will require the machine be completely disassembled and cleaned. Is this something you are wanting to undertake?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
That sounds really intense. I have a newborn and am not feeling like that is feasible.
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

It is a bit of work, indeed! It is more just lots of steps, nothing really intense, just lots of steps.