Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore fridge, Model# 253-52624201 Water dispenser has

Customer Question

Kenmore fridge, Model# *****
Water dispenser has water pressure to the coupling at the bottom of the freezer door.( which is where the dispensers are)
Disconnect coupling( just like a shark bite fitting), Press the switch & water comes out there just fine. Just doesn't make it to the dispenser outlet. I tried to used compressed air & Mig wire to clear that section of line, but with no luck. Is there a valve inside the door that opens when you press the dispenser paddle? How does the door come apart?
I'm a mechanical/electrical engineer for the military so as long as the door can be taken apart I can fix anything in there. Thanks for your help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

If water gets to the coupler, then it means the water line inside the door has frozen. You'll need to shut the refrigerator off and open the door. Then use a hair dryer and heat up just behind the dispenser because this is where it freezes. Heat up the door for about 30 minutes until you can dispense water and you should be good to go again. Be sure to turn the freezer slightly warmer so it doesn't freeze again in the future.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?