Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have a splendide model wd 802m combo washer dryer unit in

Customer Question

We have a splendide model wd 802m combo washer dryer unit in our rv. The drain pump is leaking. We believe it was not winterized correctly. We cannot find a replacement part. The part number is###-##-#### We pulled the old one out. Can you suggest a substitute pump that would work?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Splendide model number wd802M motor home is a 1999 model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we would do the work ourselves.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i don't know.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You may be able to get the seal and rebuild it.

CLICK HERE

and call(###) ###-####

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the housing is cracked.

How bad is the crack?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
About 1/3 the way around. Water drips out

Take the housing into any local auto body shop they have a special plastic epoxy that will fix the crack and be better than new. I have done that before when a housing is cracked and not available.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I put water in it again. The crack i thought was actually the joint where you get into the seal. the water is not from the joint but dripping from the inside between the housing and the motor. I can' actually see the crack.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
looks like its leaking around the shaft. could that be the seal?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there? I will be going to bed at 8:00 pm eastern time.