Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Samsung dryer I pulled it out to clean the vent

Customer Question

I have a Samsung dryer I pulled it out to clean the vent pipe and behind the dryer when I put it back the power comes on but it doesn't turn It does make the noise when I open and close the door
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: model is DV40J3000EW/A2
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: about 1 to 1 1/2 yrs old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: yes as of now
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Remove the top and see if the belt is in tact, if so check the power to the unit and then you will likely have to take the unit apart and check the thermal fuse on the blower housing. Sometimes they just go bad out of the blue like that causing that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.