Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Haier Dishwasher Model DWL3225. Washer fills with water OK

Customer Question

Haier Dishwasher Model DWL3225. Washer fills with water OK then hums loudly. Cancel/Drain works OK. Removed bottom sump cover and disposer blades spin OK. Different cycles same problem
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Is this a joke or what site. Make and model is first info in message and no I did not run a diagnosis cycle. Don.t know how
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 27 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The main motor is seized or jammed. Most likely seized up on that unit. You can take it apart get to the chopper assembly and see if it turns freely. If it does not you will need to replace the motor on the unit. Watch video here.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.