Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

GE profile refrigerator ,,model PFSS5NJWA.. BOTTOM FREEZER..

Customer Question

GE profile refrigerator ,,model PFSS5NJWA.. BOTTOM FREEZER.. FROZEN WATER ACCUMALATED ON BOTTOM OF FREEZER FLOOR. PERIODIC WATER ON FLOOR IN FRONT OF FRIDGE. REMOVED FREEZER DRAWR. REMOVED ICE FROM FLOOR. REMOVED ACCESS PANEL AT REAR OF FREEZER . THERE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE ANY TUBE OR OUTLET UNDER THIS PANEL.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 8 YEARS. MODEL PFSS5NJWA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES. REASONABLY COMPETENT. HAVE TOOLS.. FREEZER IS EMPTY. . UNIT IS AWAY FROM WALL. REAR ACCESS GOOD
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NO
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So you need to remove the entire back panel INSIDE the freezer. There are silver evaporator coils behind this panel and directly in the middle below these coils is a hole the side of a dime. This is your drain hole. Shoot hot water down this hole with a turkey baster and clean out the drain line as best you can with an air compressor possibly if you have one. Once it's clean, the water and ice shouldn't come back.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?