Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Kelvinator refrigerator Model #KCGM10RW. The handle

Customer Question

I have a Kelvinator refrigerator Model #KCGM10RW. The handle on the door has come loose and I cannot figure out how to reconnect it. How can this be repaired?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 25 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

It appears that you will need to take the door apart to just re tighten the door handle screws .

and I recommend that you use lock tight on the screw threads so it does not come loose again.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Seriously? Have you actually looked at the schematic for this very refrigerator? It doesn't appear you can take the door apart.

sure you can you have gto remove the door gasket to get to the screws to take the inner and outer door apart.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
The parts diagram does not show the handle as a separate part which tells me the handle is not dezigned to be removed.