Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Jenn-Air Model D146 and the fan switch does not

Customer Question

We have a Jenn-Air Model D146 and the fan switch does not work. It doesn't have any range of motion in either direction.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: The oven is about 29 years old. I'm using the manual to determine the model. Is there another place to look?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if the work is not too intricate.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing that I can think of.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So the fan switch has just failed as you indicated and would need to be replaced. The problem is that the switch is no longer made by Jenn-Air and hasn't been made for about 15 years now. However, there is a replacement made by a custom manufacture that understands this is an issue for a lot of these older slide in ranges so below is a link to where you can buy one off Ebay that will work for your range.

CLICK HERE for switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.