Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an old Jenn Air electric range model D120 that is

Customer Question

I have an old Jenn Air electric range model D120 that is installed in an island. I need help removing it and replacing it with a Jenn Air MODEL JDS1750ES.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Ii is electric Jenn Air model D120 with down draft that was installed when the house was built in 1982.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to remove it and have someone else connect the gas and the electricity. Still have a problem with the venting.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Venting on old range is front left. Can I connect venting on new range to same location.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So the vent on this new oven is designed to either go down through the floor or out through the back wall. As long as the hole doesn't line up with the blower motor itself, you can connect a flex vent and route the vent down through your front left hole although I will tell you that the blower motor is mounted under the oven toward the center somewhat to the left so this may be a bit of an issue and the hole may need to be moved in your kitchen floor if the blower motor is in the way of the venting.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I get the old one out?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

You remove the bottom access panel below the oven door and then you reach under to remove the clamps holding the vent onto the bottom of the oven. Once you disconnect the vent, unplug the oven if you can underneath and then just pull the oven forward. If you couldn't reach the power cord underneath then pull the oven forward and then unplug it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. Will try it tomorrow.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

ok good luck!

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?