John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I purchased Ref. 6-08-12 from Lowes store and have a lot of

Customer Question

I purchased Ref. 6-08-12 from Lowes store and have a lot of trouble since then. The mod. GZ25FSRXYY2 , Ser. K21309774 , The water filter keeps freezing up and I have had to take it out. Now it appears that the waterline to the ice maker is blocked or frozen. I have it serviced by tech. 9-11-13 and drain tube was replaced. I would think whirlpool would be better then this. Phone(###) ###-####JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It was bought as new 6-8-12 model GZ25FSRXYY2 SER>K21309774
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I know at this time. I would go with a Tech that would know what they are doing.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 24 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

So it freezes in the filter head?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
far all I am getting are request for more money
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
ALL I SEE IS A WHAY TO GET MORE MONEY FROM ME I THOUGH THAT WHIRLPOOL WAS MORE WAS BETTER THEN THIS
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 23 days ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

This is a DIY appliance repair site .

This site has nothing to do with any appliance manufacturer.

If the unit keeps freezing the water filter or a water line , why was the drain line replaced.

The drain line has nothing to do with the unit freezing up or getting too cold.