Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Whirlpool electric double oven model #RBD305PDB12, serial

Customer Question

whirlpool electric double oven model #RBD305PDB12, serial #XP1507479 will not turn off on the upper oven, broiler is on and door is locked but is not on clean cycle, and has an error code of E2 F3
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 15 years old?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I need to at least shut it off
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

That means the clock control is seeing the temps too high.

1. Check sensor connection.

2. Measure sensor resistance (1080Ω at 70°F [21°C]. Add 2Ω per degree F.)

3. If resistance is not valid, replace sensor.

4. If sensor resistance and connections are good, then check for welded-closed relays on the control.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.