John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I select normal wash cycle on my dishwasher and rinse only

Customer Question

I select normal wash cycle on my dishwasher and rinse only lights. I have tried the cancel and also turning off the breaker. Sometimes this works but not today.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: I have not run a diagnostic test cycle because I don't know how. Its a maytag mdl MDB7749SBW
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If an average adult can do it, I'll give it a try.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Your touch panel is likely experiencing a failure. You may need to replace the control panel but there is a trick you can try first. Turn off the power to the appliance. Use a hair dryer to heat the panel up until very warm while rubbing firmly over each of the buttons. Often times, this will restore operation. Be sure to get the panel very warm but not hot enough to damage the plastic. If this does not work, the panel will need to be replaced. Let me know what happens and I can get you the correct part information.