John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Glad I am looking for someone help, ok we have Whirlpool

Customer Question

Hi ***** am looking for someone help
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: ok we have Whirlpool dishwasher Whirlpool(###) ###-#### and want to know how long normal hours to clean the dishwasher
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: we have whirlpool dishwasher about 4 years I think
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: type 575-0 F04944903
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we are trying to set up less dishwasher like less 2 hours but we feel that our dishwasher keep running to clean 3 to 4 hours too much
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Wash time will depend heavily upon water temperature. Is the water hot going into the dishwasher, at least 120* F?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have no idea but since we bought the dishwasher not realize that too long time 3 or 4 hours but our old dishwasher normally done at least 2 hours
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want to pay for the$24 dollars for call
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Sorry for the call offer, I have no control over those.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what phone number I have call you thru relay service because we are deaf people let me ask my husband if can pay 24 dollars
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

I can help here, you don't need to pay for a call.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Are you running the water at the tap to get it hot before starting the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok let you know call thru Relay Service We are deaf people
no we did not tap hot water before dishwasher start
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If you don't run the water at the tap first to get it hot, the water will be cold going in and greatly increase the wash time. Can you try a cycle by running the water at the sink first then starting a wash cycle?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
maybe we rinsed clean up before put the dishes with hot water not sure then start dishwasher is that cause? but no make any sense
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

It may be that the heater is not working, too. Or, a thermostat may be faulty. How old is the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
about 3 to 4 years old since we bought the dishwasher same thing but our old dishwasher have no problem at least 2 hours we have 2 or 4 or 6 delay hours so we tried to push 2 hours delay seems to us more longer dishwasher feel like 4 to 5 hours
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

The 2 hour delay feature means it will not start for 2 hours. Maybe you are thinking it is supposed to start right away??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi sorry I did not response you. Wonder anyone will check our dishwasher?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just Answer already deductible 23 dollars from our checking Acct you said no charge but someone did it. Not do it again