John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a maytag refrigerator that will not come on. When I

Customer Question

I have a maytag refrigerator that will not come on. When I press the control for it to come on the panel will light up with 8.8.8. as long as I hold the button, as soon as I let the button the light goes off, I cannot get the compressor to kick in.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: approx. 3 years old and the model nu7mber is mfc2062den00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The problem started with the fan motor not kicking in. There was voltage to the unit so I purchased a new fan. The new fan did not work so I checked the voltage again and it was a goo116 volts. I changed the connection between the fan and the refrigerator and that is when the compressor stopped working. Not sure if the fan connection could have caused the compressor to stop working.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 26 days ago.

Can you unplug the refrigerator for 5 minutes, please? Does the behavior change when plugged back in?