Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How to reset front display control panel on my refridgerator

Customer Question

How to reset front display control panel on my refridgerator after the power went out. Model #GSL22JFTAbs Serial #ML209854
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: The breaker in garage was triped for over 2 hrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. I thought I saw where you could hold down some bottons on the front display but every make is different. Is this possible?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No but need to get the freezer working as soon as possible.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

The control panel should reset on it's own. When power is re-applied this model should just start right back up where it left off. If you tried to reset power and the front display still won't come on, the power outage shorted out your main control board I'm sorry to say and the main control board behind the 8" x 10" sheet metal panel on the back of the washer will need to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?