Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

21 year old Model JGR314GEP1BG is this gas or electric, cant

Customer Question

21 year old Model JGR314GEP1BG is this gas or electric
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: cant get thermstate for this any more
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is it gas or electric
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

I can't tell which type of oven this is without a proper model. The JGR is correct, but the 3 is not. If the 3 is really a S it's electric. If the 3 is really a P or a C then it's gas. But you can look at the power cord of the oven too and if you have a 220 volts power cord it's electric. If it's just a small 110 volts power cord like a vacuum cleaner then it's gas.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?