Jamie_2013
Jamie_2013, Handyman
Experience:  worked on appliances for around 6 years
76126576

Electrolux model EWMED65SSo, EWMED65HSS0 2010 E66 code

Customer Question

Electrolux model EWMED65SSo
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Electrolux is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: EWMED65HSS0 2010 E66 code replaced heater and one sensor on the heater tube. Still throwing the same e66 code
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, happy to pay for your advice. I changed them both last night and may by the control board today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: sensors read 3.0 and 8.0 Ohms
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Electrolux model EWMED65HSS0 code E66 replaced the heater tube element and thermal sensor on the tube last night and still throwing the same E66 code. Replace the control board?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
12/09 is the date code near the serial number Model EWMED65HSS0 Serial 4D9481179 Should I look at the drum sensors too?
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 28 days ago.

That E66 code indicates that the exhaust thermal limiter is tripped or that you have a wiring failure in that circuit. That fuse is on the outlet exhaust tube. I see you have already replaced this so this means the control board is at fault and needs to be replaced.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 5 star is how I receive payment for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. BONUSES appreciated.

The sensors should read zero or infinity ohms.