Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Sears kenmore dishwasher has error 46. less than 5 years, i

Customer Question

sears kenmore dishwasher has error 46.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: less than 5 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i cleaned the filters and the washer worked fine..error has returned
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thought it was fixed....worked several cycles..found this number on door
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** i will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your Kenmore dishwasher so we can figure out what is going on here?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 25 days ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This is a Frigidaire unit that they made for Sears, they had an issue with the keypad ribbon developing moisture and shorting out. Normally just a new keypad is needed, but sometimes both for the 46 error code.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Yes thank you Appliance Guru for your opinion he is correct that is why I was waiting for your model number so I can assist you with the part you are going to need to order in order to correct this situation.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 21 days ago.

Just wanted to touch base with you to see if there is anything else you are needing?