Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My dryer has moisture around the door when in use. It vents

Customer Question

My dryer has moisture around the door when in use. It vents throttle the wall to the roof and makes a couple turns along the way. It also does not collect lint in the lint screen properly. I constantly have to take the screen out and try to fish the lint out that has fallen through the opening. We just cleaned out the vent which was full of lint but am still having this moisture problem
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 27 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Is the air blowing out good and strong out of the outside vent?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I don't know. As I stated the vent is on the roof

You still have a blocked vent the vent is blocked likely at the roof and still the cause of the moisture. You need to have someone go to the roof and check it out. You will find it blocked.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.