Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer keeps giving saying lf and won't wash, It is less

Customer Question

My washer keeps giving saying lf and won't wash
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It is less than a year. Bravos xl
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Idk what is does the lf mean?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No it was fine now won't cycle
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

So you are correct that LF means "long fill" the error will occur after trying to fill for 6 minutes so if it doesn't fill with enough water in 6 minutes it just shuts off after filling however much it could fill. You will need to pull the washer forward, turn the water off, and disconnect the water supply hoses from the back of the washer. Make sure the screens on the receptacles on the back of the washer are clean and if not flush them out with water and a Q-tip. If it still won't fill fast enough when you re-connect the hoses and apply water to the washer, you need to replace the water valve on the back of your washer because it's restricting the water flow.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?