Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher will not start. every time i push the start

Customer Question

my dishwasher will not start. every time i push the start button the control lock light blinks
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: kitchen aid kude20fx
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no i just had a tech here today and it workked ok before he was here
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what kind of thingd need to be done to check it?
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 28 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 28 days ago.

So either your control panel has failed or the control lock is engaged. Press and hold the Control Lock button for 5 seconds to see if that will remove the control lock. Then try to start a new cycle. If that doesn't work, unplug the dishwasher or flip the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher and try again. If it still won't start, you'll need to replace the entire touch control panel because it has failed I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 27 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?