Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My appliance will not heat to dry clothes, About six years

Customer Question

My appliance will not heat to dry clothes
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: About six years old and it's a fridgdair affinity FAQE7011KWO
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I've done some work already. Changed heat element and both sensors on it and the one on fan housing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thus all I've done to it. I do have 240 to the outlet and control panel
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Typically either the high limit thermostat is burned out on the heater or the heater is burned out. Check part #8 at this link for continuity then check the two large heater terminals right by it for continuity, whichever is not reading continuity is bad.

CLICK HERE

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.