John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a maytag refrigerator (Model # MFF2558DEM00 SERIAL

Customer Question

we have a maytag refrigerator (Model # MFF2558DEM00 SERIAL #K41911023). Most of the time that the refrigerator is running there is a constant vibrating/buzzing sound. this has been going on for awhile now and it is becoming more and more concerning. we bought the refrigerator in April 2015 so it is not that old. We did purchase a 5year warranty on this refrigerator. Can you offer some guidance
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: we purchased it on 4/7/2015 The exact model is MFF2558DEM00
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: we purchased a 5 year warranty and wouldn't know how to repair anything if it involves work. we are just wondering what is wrong and why we are hearing this sound.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we are also wondering how and where to change the water filter for the automatic ice maker
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can you tell from where the vibrating noise is coming from?

I see you have NOT replied back to me .
Do you still need assistance on your question?