John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a Maytag front load washer that is leaking detergent

Customer Question

hi, we have a Maytag front load washer that is leaking detergent after each load
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: one moment
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: MHW8000AG0 yes, i'd like to fix it myself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, i don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

WHere is the detergent leaking from?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think the detergent is leaking from the normal dispenser opening in the bladder - about 11 o'clock in the machine. I'm not sure if it runs down to the center of the bladder and then over the lip and out to the metal surface at the bottom of the door or if it is running along the door window and down to the bottom.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Appliance Guru, I haven't heard back from you - are you able to help me or should I pursue a refund of my money?

SO it sounds like it is leaking from the tub boot itself correct?