Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ive got a whirlpool dishwasher that throws an f1 error code

Customer Question

hello, ive got a whirlpool dishwasher that throws an f1 error code peventing its startup. model is wdt720padm1
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 yrs next april
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: posibly
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no just what the hell does the cod repreent
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Is there an E number that appears after the F1? If not, then F1 is a very straight forward error which means that your main control board has failed inside the control panel and would need to be ordered and replaced. This is an EEPROM error and the logic in the board is corrupted. Below is a link to the board you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?