Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE monogram ice machine cycles to pump the water but will

Customer Question

GE monogram ice machine cycles to pump the water but will not turn on refrigeration system----suggestions
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 15 years maybe ZD1S15CSSH
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes-----45 years in refrigeration and electrical
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nothing on the refrigeration system is coming on neither compressor or fan motor
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 month ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Does the control light up?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

OK then you likely have a defective main control board on the unit if nothing else is coming on the compressor or recirculating pump on the unit. Have you checked the ohm resistance of the water sensor? It should be around 25K ohms

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already told you the water pump is working and fill valve is working

Have you checked the water sensor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no does the water sensor start the water pump and the compressor. If so the sensor is good because the water pump starts. or does the water sensor just start the compressor?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is the water sensor located

The water sensor will start the compressor it is in the water tank just off to the right in the back with a 3 wire plug

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for the information---I will give it a try.

ok sounds good!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.